Small S8 issues on my powerpc

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Fri Sep 10 02:12:07 CDT 2004

Hi!

Last night I installed Sounder 8 on my iBook G4. All in all this
worked fine (great work, guys!), but there are still some issues with
it:

- base-config: the password creation dialog is not translated to
  German. Colin, may I upload a new package with the translation or
  send you a diff or so?

- when it comes to installing the packages, there is a loooong pause
  after installing laptop-detect. A small line like "Preparing
  installation, this may take a while" would be nice here.

- When booting, I still get a ton of "device-manager: dm-linear:
  Device lookup failed" messages.

- Whoah, my snd-powermac sound card finally works out of the box!
  However, rhythmbox still does not play anything because snd-pcm-oss
  and snd-mixer-oss are not loaded. Does this happen only on ppc or
  doesn't it happen on i386 as well?

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin at piware.de                      mpitt at debian.org
http://www.piware.de             http://www.debian.org