(another) Sounder 8 install report

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Sep 9 20:57:14 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 09:50:24AM +0800, John wrote:
> I am in Australia, I know what keyboard we use.
>
> However, AFAIK en_GB is a language choice, not a kbd choice. I'm not
> alone in this belief:
>
> [stuff from a website]
>
> See the user-agent line. More commonly in these headers though, a hyphen
> is used in place of the underscore, and it seem to not be case-sensitive.
>
> Given that Australian spelling is essentially British (but with some
> particular Australian meanings) en_GB is fine.

I am aware of the nuances of the spelling, but the Ubuntu installer
infers your keyboard layout from the locale you choose, so choosing a
British locale when you're an Australian with a British keyboard is
almost certainly a very poor choice.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel at fooishbar.org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,