John's S7 report

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Thu Sep 9 19:49:49 CDT 2004

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 05:21:38AM +0800, John wrote:
>

>>Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
>>

>>>Please test a more recent cd (at least sounder 8) and let us know.
>>>

>>Good idea. Hang on while I organise ADSL.
>>
>><Phones Bigpond>
>>Sorry we cannot connect you as you're to far from the exahnge.
>>
>>Sure.
>>

>If you prefer, you can upgrade your xserver-xfree86 and xresprobe packages
>to the current versions in Warty, and then follow Fabio's instructions for
>testing X autodetection.

Jigdo would be great. I used rsync to update an image across town, but I
have to acually go there to get it, and rsync doesn't seem to want to do
the job to here.

OTOH I expect Jigdo would get most of the stuff off my local mirror,
even without the current Warty image.

I'd prefer to test with an 8 image rather than stuff around with a
hybrid. I _can_ continue to play around with that box a bit longer.