(another) Sounder 8 install report

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Thu Sep 9 11:03:38 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:29:43AM +1000, Cef wrote:
> And just to test the cdrom stuff, I chucked in the Ubuntu disk, and noticed
> that there is a 'debian' symlink in the top level dir that points to the
> current dir. Is it necessary that this symlink be called 'debian'? Could it
> perhaps be 'ubuntu'?

I think I've fixed this in debian-cd; I've called it 'no-name-yet' for
now to match the archive. Assuming that the archive is going to be
changed before release, 'no-name-yet' is certainly easier to grep for
than 'debian'.

> The Firefox window is just a bit bigger than the space between the top and
> bottom bars, so that the status stuff down the bottom is covered.

That's been annoying me too, and it's fiddly to resize. It seems to size
itself from the bottom edge of the top panel to the bottom edge of the
screen, rather than to the top edge of the bottom panel.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]