sudo timeouts + abiword/gnumeric/planner

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Wed Sep 8 18:58:20 CDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 09:42:48AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Colin Watson">
> > The hard question is: given a package that appears in the germinated Ship
> > but not in the germinated Live, should it appear in the germinated
> > Supported or not? How about vice versa?
>
> Hrm, how about backwards: Ship and Live should only include things that
> exist in Supported. Anything in Ship or Live that is not in Supported should
> raise an alarm and not be included.
>
> Sane?

Confusing as stated, given the current practice of only including
packages in a single seed, which I think is a good thing,
seed-maintenance-wise.

At the moment the output for Supported (i.e. supported+build-depends) is
not complete in itself; you have to take Base+Desktop+Ship+Supported to
get the complete list. The result of adding Live is that you have either
Base+Desktop+Ship+(Live+Supported) or
Base+Desktop+Live+(Ship+Supported), depending on which CD you're using;
the parenthesized parts are those which are in the archive but not on
the CD in question.

The simplest resolution might be to have packages in Ship and Live end
up in both the output for Ship/Live *and* the output for Supported,
which is kind of what you stated above. You can't raise an alarm, but
that's probably OK. How's that?

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]