pmount test failed

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Mon Sep 6 11:55:08 CDT 2004

Hi Patrice!

On 2004-09-06 20:43 +0200, VETSEL Patrice wrote:
> In the first install of pmount, sometimes it's worked. Not very well...
> But now pmount don't work at all.

You certainly mean that your devices were sometimes automatically
mounted, respective that they aren't any more? Or does a manual
execution of pmount actually refuse to mount a device?

Did you test this on a fresh installation or did you upgrade the
system from an earlier Warty installation?

Can you please open a terminal, type "id", press enter and tell me the
output?

> I'v tested my apn, my usb dongle, usb external DD, pcmcia/sata/dd
> external.

What is an apn?

It is a known issue that PCMCIA drives currently will not work. It is
actually easy to fix, this just needs some thorough consideration. The
two USB devices should work, however.

When I get the answers to above questions, we can debug this problem
further.

Thanks for testing and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin at piware.de                      mpitt at debian.org
http://www.piware.de             http://www.debian.org