powerbook problems

Paul Cooper pgc at openadvantage.org
Mon Sep 6 05:36:10 CDT 2004

Hi,

My colleague has a 15" powerbook. During this mornings

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

he was asked if he wanted the new gdm, he chose Yes, and now when his
powerbook has booted up, X has started but he can't login because there
is the following error message dialog

There was an error loading the theme Human

Can't open file /usr/share/gdm/themes/Human/Human.xml

OK

Clicking OK never gets rid of the dialog (either it redraws or there is
no action - I can't tell) and the greeter never starts up.

I just checked this on the i386 version and the same thing happens (but
I wasn't asked if I wanted to upgrade gdm). I had to boot into recovery
mode and run aptitude to fix it. Is there something similar we can do
with ppc?

Paul

--
Paul Cooper                    |  Tel: 0121 634 1620
Assistant Director             |  Fax: 0121 634 1630