Battery and wifi applet icon changes

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Sep 2 23:11:24 CDT 2004

Hey,

So, I just uploaded gnome-applets with some modified icons for the wifi and
battery applets.

I had previously changed the wifi applet to use the netapplet mobile phone
style bars... Sounds like a great idea, but it's going to get seriously
confusing as devices converge. :-) So, the new ones are more wirelessy, and
may remind OS X users of the Apple one. Ignore the red 'no device' icon, I
will make something better for it (greyed-out disabled style, but as soon as
you see the icon, you'll see why that's not immediately sensible - Apple
chose to show an empty wedge for their broken icon, might do something like
that).

For the battery applet, I've replaced the red exclamation mark warning icon
with a quick'n'dirty disabled battery icon. It's just desaturated and a bit
lighter.

It might be nice to tint the font colour, too, but I haven't looked at that.

Thoughts?

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "I think it will be admitted by all that to have exploited so great a
     scientific invention for the purpose and pursuit of entertainment
    alone would have been a prostitution of its powers and an insult to
        the character and intelligence of the people." - John Reith