Some points/issues to discuss about the desktop

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Sep 2 20:07:30 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:01:00AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Matt Zimmerman">
> > There would seem to be a need for something more generic.
>
> That's hal! It's the meat that makes the policy engine sandwich great! :-)

Yes, thanks guys, I know what hal is, and yes, it's very exciting. :-)

But it doesn't do any of this on its own.  There is a need for some actual
_applications_ that use the information that hal provides in order to let
the user do more things with these devices, like John described, and that's
what I'm talking about here.

--
 - mdz