GL screensavers (Re: Some points/issues to discuss about the desktop)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Sep 2 16:58:19 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:10:42PM +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> >* We should probably remove some of the screensavers from xscreensaver
> >(like the false crash screens). (#946)
> I attached a sample config to the wiki, please use that as starting
> point for debate :-). It's admittedly very GL-heavy.

I processed your list and added it to the
https://wiki.no-name-yet.com/WartyWarthog_2fXScreenSaver
page.  If you could verify that I got it right, that would be great.

Is there a way that we can automatically skip the GL screensavers if DRI
isn't available?  The GL screensavers are a very poor experience without 3D
support.

--
 - mdz