Install report (Fujitsu Lifebook S6210)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Sep 1 21:53:39 CDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 02:36:48AM +0000, Mary Gardiner wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > The firmware is included with the kernel.  If you're running the current
> > version of hotplug, everything should just work.
>
> dmesg said:
>
> ipw2200: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200 Network Driver, 0.4
> ipw2200: Copyright(c) 2003-2004 Intel Corporation
> ipw2200: ipw2200_boot.fw load failed
> ipw2200: Unable to load firmware: 0xFFFFFFFF
> ipw2200: failed to register network device
>
> I don't know how new the latest hotplug would have to be: I didn't have
> net access while installing this kernel this afternoon! I notice there's
> a new one there no that wasn't there during the previous three upgrades
> today, I guess that's what you meant.

This is the one you need:

hotplug (0.0.20040329-11ubuntu4) warty; urgency=low

  * Patch from Herbert Xu to search for firmware with kernel version numbers

 -- Matt Zimmerman <mdz at alcor.net>  Wed,  1 Sep 2004 11:30:18 -0700

> In any case, manually putting the firmware in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmaware
> also worked.

If you could remove it and re-test with the above version of hotplug, that
would be great.

--
 - mdz