pmount enabled gvm and eject

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Wed Sep 1 10:11:01 CDT 2004

Hi!

On 2004-08-31 15:01 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what gvm should do with a device without a partition
> table...  What are you suggesting?

I researched this a bit: hal is the actual culprit, it does not
generate a volume node for the USB stick (the device itself is not
even removed from the tree when I unplug the stick).

I think this issues is not very important since usually USB sticks
come preformatted with a single partition. It would be nice if hal
could be fixed, but this is probably a Hoary issue (and then we should
get this through Debian).

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin at piware.de                      mpitt at debian.org
http://www.piware.de             http://www.debian.org