post-thanksgiving sales in the U.S.

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 04:50:54 CST 2004

If you're in the States, this probably isn't really huge information,
but I thought I'd pass it along anyway.

The day after Thanksgiving is THE biggest shopping day of the year,
and stores are obviously doing everything they can to get you into
theirs. If you need any computers or computer parts, Friday and
Saturday may be a good time to get them. The sales are absolutely
insane this year. For instance, I took advantage of CompUSA's
pre-Thanksgiving sale on Wednesday and got a 250Gb hard drive for $40,
a Gig of PC2700 RAM for $60, two APC power conditioners for FREE
(after rebates), and a little 128Mb USB thumb drive for $12. Believe
it or not, ads for tomorrow show even better deals than these! I think
I'm going to grab a 512Mb thumb drive for $29, and an ATI Radeon 9600
XT for $149 (almost a hundred bucks less than the usual retail price!)

I don't think I've ever seen sales like these, so I thought I'd pass
along the info to my fellow geeks. Circuit City even has great spec'd
Emachines computers - with a 17" monitor for $199! (can you say "demo
rig"?) hehe. Now, if only Apple would let retailers mark down the
price of iBooks/Powerbooks - my surgery and 6-12 month recovery in bed
is getting closer and closer. I won't know what to do if I can't play
with Ubuntu for that amount of time. :-)

Ok. That's all. For the record, I don't work for any of these
companies. I just wanted to share the wealth. :-)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu