Sounder-test 7 installation

Colin Watson cjwatson at flatline.org.uk
Fri Aug 27 10:17:54 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 05:10:41PM +0200, Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >OK, that one should be easy to fix in netcfg. I'll take care of it.
>
> Is it possible to provide a list of nameservers by default in the file
> for no-DHCP mode if the user can't provide it ?

I don't really think that's a good idea. Nameservers are typically a
very local issue.

People installing on e.g. dialup or ADSL lines will generally have DHCP
provided by their ISP, while people with more elaborate local networks
will generally really want to use their local nameservers (since they'll
have the name of the machine they're installing, that sort of thing).

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson at flatline.org.uk]