about your X report

Andrew Sobala aes at gnome.org
Fri Aug 27 08:09:52 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 13:21 +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> 	I am checking again the piece of software that is supposed to
> detect your resolution and I am getting a correct result:
>
> (hacked version to use your log file)
>
> $./xresprobe nv
> id:
> res: 1024x768
> freq:
> $
>
> I am quite puzzled... was X running while you did the test? If so can you
> try to close X and run xresprobe again?
>
> Thanks
> Fabio

When runnning xresprobe without X running, I still get empty id/freq and
640x480 as res.

To clarify some information about the earlier report: after X
autodetection failed, I copied my working XF86Config back and started X.
I then ran the tests and attached the log file (does the fact that a
working X was running affect the log file I gave you? Do you want a log
file from a "failed" run of X?)

Thanks,

Andrew