Notes on how to debug X autodetection.

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Thu Aug 26 09:30:31 CDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, David Miller wrote:

> Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
>
> > I would be really glad if people can perform the following test for me.
>
> > Please take notes of how many questions you will be asked and which ones.
> > Compare your previous working config with the new one. Try to start gdm or
> > X to test if it works.
>
> It works on the iBook2.  The horizontal and vertical sync/refresh rates
> were set just slightly higher than what you had me put in by hand the
> other day, but they still work.

Yes. I defaulted to 60Hz for laptops. Yesterday I gave you the real
minimum just to check if that was the reason for the failure.

> It added a configuration section for the trackpad, in addition to the
> mouse. (It only had the mouse before).

Yup.. that was a bug in the previous versions that was not writing it.

>   Otherwise, no major changes, and best of all, it actually works :)

cool... finally some good news :-)

Thanks a lot!
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.