iMac sounder 7 test

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Wed Aug 25 15:29:21 CDT 2004

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Paul Cooper wrote:

> It seems the X config is wrong and after segfaulting and restarting a
> couple of times X gets shut down and a blue screen with a Yes / No
> dialog appears. I *think* it's a Yes / No dialog but unfortunately the
> characters are scrambled (unicode issue?). After a few more unreadable
> dialogs, some just info + OK, others Yes / No, eventually returned to
> console. After looking at the XF86Config-4 file noticed it had chosen
> the fbdev driver so I tried switching to the nv driver (the iMac has a
> GeForce 4 MX I think). This worked but only for 640x480 - the 17" iMac
> has 1440x900 resolution.

can you be so kind to provide us with the following information?

lspci -n

discover --disable=parallel,serial --format="%S\t%D\n" video

xresprobe <driver>
(please be sure to use version 0.3-0ubuntu3)

Also /var/log/XFree86.0.log would be usefull.

Thanks
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.