about X resolutions on non-laptops (xresprobe)

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Wed Aug 25 15:23:41 CDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Thom May wrote:

> > As I wrote in the original mail, the problem doesn't exist for laptop. It
> > only exists for CRT/LCD monitors :-)
>
> In this instance there's no difference between laptops and LCDs - they both
> look utterly awful in anything but their designed resolution.

There is the big difference that most, if not all, LCD monitors can be
probed via ddc. This is not true for laptops.

Also Daniel was talking on irc that he found a reliable way to detect
LCD/CRT monitors that would definetly solve this issue.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.