sounder current daily d-i notes

Thom May warty+sounder at planetarytramp.net
Wed Aug 25 15:16:30 CDT 2004

* Matt Zimmerman (mdz at alcor.net) wrote :
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 03:38:21PM +0100, Thom May wrote:
>
> > Booting with APIC enabled (the default on both our installer and base
> > kernels) causes my machine to do extremely screwy things - randomly not
> > detect usb devices, hang on doing anything network related, hang on disk
> > activity, and some other fun stuff.
>
> Yuck.  Did you find any information about the problem?  Is it something we
> can patch, or at least tell the kernel to disable APIC on your hardware?
>
> > Parted tells me:
> > [!!] Partition disks
> > Not yet implemented!
> > This ext2 filesystem has a rather strange layout! Parted can't resize this
> > (yet).
> >
> > ... on a partition I've told it to use the data and mount, or whatever the
> > option is. This is more than mildly concerning, and if anyone can offer
> > hints as to how to debug, i'd be more than grateful.
>
> Does running parted's "check" command on the partition produce the same
> result?

Using /dev/hda
Warning: Unable to align partition properly.  This probably means that
another
partitioning tool generated an incorrect partition table, because it didn't
havethe correct BIOS geometry.  It is safe to ignore,but ignoring may cause
(fixable) problems with some boot loaders.

(parted) check 5
No Implementation: This ext2 filesystem has a rather strange layout!  Parted
can't resize this (yet).
-Thom