about X resolutions on non-laptops (xresprobe)

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Wed Aug 25 04:43:11 CDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> For Hoary, we should certainly TRY the modes from top to bottom, asking
> the user if the mode works.

I am not sure if this is the right thing to do. If the first probed
resolution doesn't work, we will ask the user at least 2 questions and it
will take a lot of time to wait the timeout from the first one + the time
to start X a N amount of times, until it works. It would be only one if we
ask him directly which resolution he would like to have if the probe
fails.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.