Sounder 6 PPC review

Carlos Perello Marin carlos at interactors.coop
Wed Aug 25 04:24:33 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 10:12 +0100, David Miller wrote:

[...]

> The detection of my firewire drive seems sporadic -- sometimes it sees
> it and sometimes it doesn't.  It never sees it if I didn't have it
> plugged in at boot, but even with it plugged in at boot it sometimes
> doesn't (but sometimes it does).

I have the same problem but I think it's a kernel bug.

If you boot the computer without any USB device, it will detect the
firewire drive always, if you have any USB device attached then it
depends on other factors outside of my knowledge.

> Ignoring the firewire drive for now (I was actually installing to the
> main hard drive this time), the initial install process went quite
> smoothly up until the reboot into the installed system.

I tried an installation of Warty in my iPod as a firewire hard drive and
Colin helped me to be able to do it, the only remaining problem to be
able to install and boot from a firewire device is the bootloader.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)