snappy source files

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri May 6 10:07:28 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2016, 10:53 -0700 schrieb Swami:
> +list, if someone also can help.
> I was looking at the dtb file in device tar ball and the boot-assets,
> which I used to generate the oem snap file, where both looks exactly
> same. I am looking into converting this binary blob into actual dts
> files, so I can compare the differences and also if I have to use a
> different dtb?
you should use the dtb that your kernel build produced (usually
installed somewhere in /lib/firmare/device-tree or some such)

> What is the procedure if I want to try a new .dtb file, just replacing
> the corresponding file name in package.yaml should be enough? or I
> should replace it in device tar ball too?

on the pi you should copy the one your kernel produced into the
boot-assets dir of your oem/gadget snap.

>         Thanks Oliver. It passes the crc issue now. Now, I am stuck at
>         [1]. I am using the pi2.moved version to generate the snap,
>         which contains bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb; the fdt address and device
>         tree blob related info. are present in my printenv. But, it
>         throws error as fdt address not configured?
>
>         fdt_addr_r=0x00000100
>         fdtaddr=f
>         fdtfile=bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb
>         fileaddr=2100000
>         filesize=1d68d4
>

>         [1] http://paste.ubuntu.com/16228908/

this looks like your uboot.env does not run the "loadfdt" command (on
the pi's the dtb is actually loaded to 0x100 by the binary blob
bootloader that runs before uboot, we need to read it from there to make
dtb overlays work). are you using the original uboot.env.in ?

ciao
	oli