96boards Snapcraft example

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Tue Mar 22 17:38:56 UTC 2016

El 22/03/16 a las 14:20, Tim Gardner escribió:
> Following the advice in
> https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/build-apps/snapcraft-advanced-features/
> I tried to build examples/96boards-kernel.
>
> First I figured out which packages were missing (python3-docopt,
> python3-yaml, python3-jsonschema). Isn't there a better way to do this ?

snapcraft is in the xenial archives, it should get you all the deps if
you apt install it.

> examples/96boards-kernel$ ../../bin/snapcraft snap
> Searching for local plugin for kernel
> Issue while loading plugin: unknown plugin: kernel

If running from source, make sure you have at least the 2.5 tag.

> I've got ppa:snappy-dev/tools installed per
> https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/build-apps/get-started/, though I
> would point out those instructions no longer work.

No need to add a ppa for snapcraft, it is in universe though.

> Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong ?

Yeah, you are trapped by the lack of updated documentation; there's a
call for when to update it every week; it just didn't happen yet.

The ANN email[1] has instructions for this to palliate the lack of docs.

[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/snappy-app-devel/2016-March/000644.html