Snappy Ubuntu Core: Difficulties Encountered

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 19 14:10:54 UTC 2016

On 19/01/16 08:29, Keat Aun Yeoh wrote:
> I would like to ask that I wanted to enable the RNDIS on snappy ubuntu core on beaglebone but I don't know how to edit the kernel configuration and compile it. Is it possible for me to do that?
> Thank you very much. Looking forward to your reply.

The gameplan is that you will be able to use snapcraft to build your own
kernel snap with the config / patches / compiler / modules of your choice.

I'm not sure exactly how far along we are towards that, though! It's
definitely the goal for 16.04 LTS (essentially snappy 2.0 with the
all-snaps architecture).

Mark