New all-snap images available

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Jan 15 19:38:09 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 08:24 AM, Michael Vogt wrote:

> - Uses squashfs snaps only
>
> The switch to squashfs only is important for us. But it does mean that
> for some days the store support will be limited until the store is
> updated. Until this update is rolled out you can upload either to
> 15.04 or rolling. There is no support for snaps with the same name
> that support both releases. As an easy workaround you can sideload to
> your 16.04 image or just use a different name for the snap in the
> store until the store implements support for having different snaps
> for the different releases (it won't take very long).

What is the status of this?

snappy-debug was in rolling but was an ar-format snap (as are quite a few other
rolling snaps in the store). sergiusens and I got snappy-debug 0.11
squashfs-format uploaded to rolling/edge for now (which keeps 0.10 in stable
fine). For now, people can install it with:

$ sudo snappy install snappy-debug/edge

Is there a plan to nuke all the ar-format snaps in the store?