Images changes ahead

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Tue Jan 12 14:12:50 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 10:02:09PM +0100, Michael Vogt wrote:
[..]
> As part of this change we will also rename some directories. It will
> be /snaps, /var/lib/snaps and /home/*/snaps in the new images. Plus
> the environment variables will be cleaned up, the details for the new
> names will follow once that change has landed.
[..]

The following new environment variables are available inside the snap:

SNAP - the base directory of the snap (previously SNAP_APP_PATH)

SNAP_DATA - the data directory of the snap
            (previously SNAPP_APP_DATA_PATH)

SNAP_USER_DATA - the user data directory of the snap
                 (previously SNAPP_APP_USER_DATA_PATH)

And SNAP_APP_TEMPDIR got dropped.

The old names are kept around for some time but will be dropped before
the 16.04 release.

Cheers,
 Michael