Support for MTD devices (NAND/NOR Flash)

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 29 11:57:59 UTC 2016

In principle, any read-write filesystem is fine for the bulk partition
of snaps and user data. We understand the value of wear-levelling
filesystems and would be glad to see those integrated. There may be some
constraints imposed by firmware, but if your device supports it we can
get there.

There may be work to be done (over time we expect to flesh out support
for more complex cases, such as NVRAM storage of critical items) but it
all seems achievable on the 16.04 branch (which will continue to evolve
even though the actual OS is stable).

Mark