ubuntu snappy artik running from flash

Liming Wang liming.wang at canonical.com
Wed Apr 27 13:43:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 07:27:38AM -0700, Didier Roche wrote:
>Le 26/04/2016 06:37, Paweł Górka a écrit :
>
>    Hello,
>    I have sucesfully run and tested ubuntu core snapy on artik5 devboard.
>    Unfortunatelly there is only support for running image from sd card. Is
>    there some straightforward way to run ubuntu from internal flash?
Hi,

Not yet supported now. But in theory, There are two ways to meet the need:

1. Make a sdfuse image just like Samsung's: boot from SD card and copy all the
files to emmc flash, and then boot from emmc flash.

2. Using fastboot function of u-boot to directly flash images to emmc flash.

I haven't tried any of them, but samsung has shown above technology.

I suppose we will support this feature in next release.

BR,
Liming Wang