Making x86 images

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Sun Apr 24 21:49:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Previously I've used the following command to create a generic snappy
image, but it no longer works.

$ sudo ./ubuntu-device-flash core rolling --channel edge --os
xenial-preinstalled-core-amd64.os.snap  --kernel
xenial-preinstalled-core-amd64.kernel.snap --gadget canonical-pc -o
test.img

Failing with;- "failed to find os snap: snap not found".

What's the name I should use in place of xenial-preinstalled-core-amd64.os.snap?
In addition, what should I use if I wanted to make a 32-bit image for
an older machine which isn't 64-bit? The website docs [1] just say
"use ubuntu-device-flash" without saying how.

[1] https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/#try-x86

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope at canonical.com
http://ubuntu.com/