Dependencies of ubuntu-device-flash

Federico Gimenez federico.gimenez.nieto at canonical.com
Sat Apr 16 17:26:11 UTC 2016

Hey Patrick, this container [1] is able to successfully use current udf to
generate snappy images, take a look at the symlink hack (not sure if this
is still needed) and the required dependencies.

Cheers,

[1]
https://github.com/ubuntu-core/snappy-jenkins/blob/master/containers/jenkins-slave-xenial/Dockerfile

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Patrick Boettcher <
patrick.boettcher at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a recent image for RPI2 using ubuntu-device-flash
> bravely downloaded and +x from
>
>   http://people.canonical.com/~mvo/all-snaps/
>
> with the help from ogra_ from IRC I plumbered the following command
> line
>
>   sudo ./ubuntu-device-flash -vvv core rolling --channel edge --os
>     ubuntu-core --kernel canonical-pi2-linux  --gadget canonical-pi2 -o
>     test.img
>
> Running it starts some downloads and fails after downloading the
> os-snap (it hasn't yet loaded the kernel-snap afaics)
>
>   failed to install "canonical-pi2" from "edge": canonical-pi2 failed to
>   install: exit status 2
>
>   (full output: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15875972/)
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 in docker and had to install several
> packages to get here (kpartx, parted, dosfstools).
>
> I assume that I'm missing more packages. What could be my problem?
>
> best regards,
> --
> Patrick.

Federico Gimenez