Dependencies of ubuntu-device-flash

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at posteo.de
Sat Apr 16 17:01:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to build a recent image for RPI2 using ubuntu-device-flash
bravely downloaded and +x from

  http://people.canonical.com/~mvo/all-snaps/

with the help from ogra_ from IRC I plumbered the following command
line

  sudo ./ubuntu-device-flash -vvv core rolling --channel edge --os
    ubuntu-core --kernel canonical-pi2-linux  --gadget canonical-pi2 -o
    test.img

Running it starts some downloads and fails after downloading the
os-snap (it hasn't yet loaded the kernel-snap afaics)

  failed to install "canonical-pi2" from "edge": canonical-pi2 failed to
  install: exit status 2

  (full output: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15875972/)

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 in docker and had to install several
packages to get here (kpartx, parted, dosfstools).

I assume that I'm missing more packages. What could be my problem?

best regards,
--
Patrick.