Configuration is being temporarily removed

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Apr 11 12:57:57 UTC 2016

Hey Oliver,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> do you have a link to that new specification so people who only allow
> configuration in their snaps via snappy config can prepare their
> packages for the change ?

Not one that might be used for that purpose, but I can talk about the key
things changing: the snap will always get the full configuration (not
deltas), and there will be a set of hooks that will allow the snap to
validate, accept, or report errors on a requested configuration. The
authoritative place for the latest configuration is moving out of the snap
and into snapd itself, so snaps won't have to implement gathering of the
current configuration unless they want to. Finally, there will also be a
mechanism to assign interfaces to configuration hooks, so that they will
get the necessary permissions for doing their job.

I will make sure to float the final specification here before it is
implemented.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net