Configuration is being temporarily removed

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Apr 11 11:58:29 UTC 2016

Hello all,

We're taking a hard decision today and temporarily removing the snap
configuration feature we have in place so far.

The problem is that it diverges significantly from the behavior it needs to
have, and if we don't take it out now we'll need to either break people
that start depending on it in the imminent release, or keep a compatibility
mode which is very undesired. So, instead of doing that very difficult
dance, we'll remove it altogether, and prioritize the re-introduction of
the feature right after the release. Note that even people using the
release itself will be able to update in-place to a version that supports
the feature.

Apologies for not doing the migration to the new specification in time.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net