Fwd: Member not found

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Oct 30 13:17:56 UTC 2015

On 10/30/2015 03:13 AM, Gábor Paller wrote:
> "Let us know how it goes updating your snap."
>
> Let me grab this opportunity to talk about my AppArmor file that breaks the
> install. :-)
>
> The whole purpose of that exercise is to access the /dev/ttyO1 device that I use
> to talk to my GSM machinery. So if there's an easy way to provide access, I
> happily drop that AppArmor file. :-)

On a 15.04 system, use:
$ sudo snappy hw-assign cameraagent.sideload /dev/ttyO1

> Meanwhile, it looks like this:
> {
>     "template": "default",
>     "policy_vendor": "ubuntu-snappy",
>     "policy_version": 1.3,
>     "policy_groups": [
>         "networking"
>     ],
>     "read_path": [
>         "/dev/ttyO1"
>    ],
>    "write_path": [
>         "/dev/ttyO1"
>    ]
> }
>
> Referenced like this from package.yaml:
>
> binaries:
>  - name: bin/cameraagent.sh
>    security-policy:
>       apparmor: meta/cameraagent.apparmor

This is an old yaml format and the policy vendor and version you are using
indicate this is from tools from before the 15.04 release (and there was a lot
of snappy activity prior to release).

In the future, you can use the review tools to catch these issues (assuming they
are up to date. These are the same tools that the store will use). Eg:
$ click-review /path/to/you/snap