RFC: hybrid and context sensitive snaps

John Lenton john.lenton at canonical.com
Tue Oct 27 13:47:56 UTC 2015

On 27 October 2015 at 13:35, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> what do people think, would such a feature make sense in general in snap
> packages (I think it would) or am I having a brainfart here ? :)

I think you'd make the thing you download to the phone and to your IoT
device bigger, at the expense of making building the packages harder
(off the top of my head, deb-based snaps need a hashes.yaml, clicks
need an md5sums), and once we move away from deb-based snaps to the
next format, you'd be sol.

In addition, right now you'd have to upload twice anyway, to get them
indexed appropriately for phone and iot device.

Probably saner to keep it all in a single project, and have two
distinct build artifacts.