Frameworks in Ubuntu Core

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Wed Oct 21 08:18:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 4:47 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 20/10/15 13:20, Ted Gould wrote:
> > Our thinking has evolved a little since then, as we're now using
> > Snapcraft to build ROS snaps. It has landed in trunk and will be in the
> > next release of Snapcraft. You can see an example of a listener and
> > talker in the Snapcraft examples folder:
> >

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~snappy-dev/snapcraft/core/view/head:/examples/ros/snapcraft.yaml
> >
> > That will then bundle the ROS install and the two binaries all into a
> > single snap.
>
> That's really nice and neat!
>
> When is the next snapcraft release due out, with roscore and catkin
> support?

Early next week, what is also of interest is the next snapcraft oriented
snappy clinic will be themed around ros.

In case anyone hasn't heard about these clinics, in a nutshell, it is a
place where we talk about all things snappy; in the case of the snapcraft
ones we recap on snapcraft, describe what's new, live demo interesting
features and take questions.