Nexcom device DNA-113A (Ubuntu Snappy)

Andrey Smirnov aos at fgts.ru
Fri Nov 27 12:54:28 UTC 2015

Good day!

I have a Nexcom device DNA-113A. BIOS of this device does not support
UEFI, so I couldn't install Ubuntu Snappy on this device. Here is the
answer technical support Nexcom:

"Per discussing with BIOS and SW teams, we are afraid that DNA113A is
not fitting in your needs if Ubuntu Snappy is required, considering
that UEFI is not supported by the BIOS of DNA113A (only Legacy
supported).

We checked the current BIOS of NSA1120A and DNA2120A and got that UEFI
is not supported on both the BIOS either.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

Have you any idea how to install Snappy Ubuntu on the device, which
does not support the UEFI? Can we use LILO or ONIE boot loaders?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Smirnov
E-mail: aos at fgts.ru