classic mode (v1)

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 25 10:41:11 UTC 2015

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 24.11.2015, 17:20 +0000 schrieb Mark Shuttleworth:

> > It'd be nice to understand what is broken there.
>
> We've been using the overlayfs for a decade in the live-cd, I suspect
> Pitti has a clear view on what works and what doesn't, and whether
> upstream cares, or whether we've cared enough to fix it in the past too.

we have been using unionfs for the first few years on the livecd and
until very recently we have been using aufs for this task ... the switch
to overlayfs only happened very recently. while we use the concept since
a decade on the livecd, we used it with different implementations of the
filesystem layer (and different issues/limitations in each of them).

ciao
	oli