Lobotomizing kernel-flash

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Nov 19 00:43:17 UTC 2015

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/kernel-snap.git

I've got branches for amd64/i386 that seem to be working OK, though I've
not been able to test them yet. I'm waiting on code to land for Snappy
2.0 (I think).

I've been running into issues generating an initrd for armhf (which will
eventually be tailored for Beagle Bone Black). The flash-kernel hooks
complain there is no root device, a condition that I've had no luck
solving. In the bbb-from-deb-16.04 branch of the repo you can see that
I've hacked out some flash-kernel hooks that allow update-initramfs to
succeed. See rootstock:build_chroot(). Surely there is a more elegant
way to do this ?

	sudo rm $CHROOT/usr/sbin/flash-kernel
	sudo rm $CHROOT/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/flash_kernel_set_root
	sudo rm $CHROOT/etc/initramfs/post-update.d/flash-kernel

I feel like I'm using a sledge hammer where a lighter touch might be
just as effective.

rtg
Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com