REST API for creating baby capabilities

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Tue Nov 17 02:47:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 06:22:23PM +0100, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
> I'm slowly progressing towards having an API for capabilities. The API
> is very simple, all you can do is create, list and remove capablity
> objects. This is still pre-usefulness stage. Still, I'd love to

I'm quite surprised by the delete call; I thought caps were much like
AppArmor abstraction files, not actually doing anything until they are
included into a policy of some sort.

When would someone want to delete a capability? Why? Who is allowed to do
so and what recourses exist if one was deleted accidentally?

Thanks