Files OS Snap provides

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Thu Nov 5 15:49:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 05/11/15 15:15, Ted Gould wrote:
> > What I think that we need then is an explicit key in the snapcraft.yaml
> > for setting the release that the build is targeting. This way we can
> > match the package list of that release. I think that this could be an
> > item in the frameworks list, but I think it's more important than that
> > and should get its own key. Proposing:
> > ubuntu: 16.04
>
> Something like this would also be very useful for a "snapcraft
> cleanbuild" which makes a fresh container of the appropriate series, and
> does the build.

According to the spec, we already have a 'target' key for snapcraft.yaml.

target: ubuntu-core devel

We may want to revise this, including the proposed 'grade' keyword and the
release, does this work?

target: ubuntu-core 16.04
grade: devel

I was thinking of maybe going in a different direction and using lxc/lxd
internally in snapcraft to drive builds. This thread forces my hand to
bring this up sooner than I wanted.

But 'target' would determine where to bring 'stage-packages' from,
'build-packages' would be installed on the container only. This should work
transparently work for when Ubuntu Personal starts ramping up too.

And of course provide an option to not use lxc/lxd to build locally.