Versions

Gábor Paller gaborpaller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 13:25:12 UTC 2015

" I don't think it's going to be
quite that simple in practice, but we understand the driver."

I know that in theory, separating frameworks that do nasty things, e.g. use
persistent storage at a predetermined location and corrupting the other
version's data is impossible. Still, Linux distros, e.g. Ubuntu do this
routinely. I have GTK2 and GTK3 installed on my Ubuntu desktop and they
coexist peacefully. Android also solved this problem. Normally the solution
may be as simple as a consistent directory layout. Snappy used to have that
layout.

Regards,
Gabor