need help with freedomotic snappy app

mauro at freedomotic.com mauro at freedomotic.com
Fri May 22 16:18:39 UTC 2015

Hi John
with your tip I can install and run my package.
But there is another problem. My app has a dir with some files that must
be modified. Install directory is read-only so I tried to copy this folder
to $SNAP_APP_DATA_PATH.
The operation fails because "cp can't create any dir on
$SNAP_APP_DATA_PATH (Permission denied)".
Should this directory be writable?

I'm doing exactly

appdir=$SNAP_APP_PATH
datadir=$SNAP_APP_DATA_PATH
cd $appdir
export JAVA_HOME="$appdir/jre"
cp -r ${appdir}/freedomotic/plugins ${datadir}
cp -r ${appdir}/freedomotic/data ${datadir}

Any idea?

Thanks

On Fri, May 22, 2015 8:27 am, John Lenton wrote:
> erm. sudo !!
>
> ;-)
>

> On 22 May 2015 at 14:27, John Lenton <john.lenton at canonical.com> wrote:
>
>> there's a bug in (i think) webdm, which ends up with /tmp/snaps created
>> with the wrong permissions.
>>
>> There's a fix in progress, but meanwhile
>>

>> chmod 01777 /tmp/snaps
>>
>> should get you unblocked.
>>
>> On 21 May 2015 at 17:32,  <mauro at freedomotic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again
>>> I got that my package is installed as sideload because it's not
>>> downloaded from Ubuntu store. I tried to install hello-world from the
>>> store but when I execute hello-world.env I have the same permission
>>> error
>>>
>>> (RaspberryPi2)ubuntu at localhost:~$ sudo snappy install
>>> --allow-unauthenticated freedomotic_5.6.0_armhf.snap
>>> Installing freedomotic_5.6.0_armhf.snap
>>> 2015/05/21 16:09:58 Signature check failed, but installing anyway as
>>> requested Name        Date       Version Developer
>>> ubuntu-core 2015-04-23 2       ubuntu freedomotic 2015-05-21 5.6.0
>>> sideload webdm       2015-05-19 0.6.1 pi2         2015-05-19 0.12
>>> (RaspberryPi2)ubuntu at localhost:~$ freedomotic.start
>>> mkdir: cannot create directory â/tmp/snaps/freedomotic.sideloadâ:
>>> Permission denied
>>> (RaspberryPi2)ubuntu at localhost:/tmp/snaps$ sudo snappy install
>>> hello-world Installing hello-world
>>> Starting download of hello-world
>>> 48.74
>>> KB/s