[RFC] Snappy frameworks

Martin Albisetti martin.albisetti at canonical.com
Tue Mar 31 19:44:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie at canonical.com> wrote:

> We've discussed frameworks quite a bit but we've yet to provide a definition,
> how they will be used on snappy, how they work with the store and how
> they extend security policy. This email attempts to address this (I expect there
> to be some fine-tuning but I think it is in good enough shape for wider comment).

I'm a bit embarrassed on how late I am to this party. Thanks for
putting this together, it's great to see it consolidated in one place.

I'd like to add one propose property: frameworks can't depend on other
frameworks.
Otherwise I think we'll very quickly have re-invented apt dependencies
along with all their problems.
It'll also force them to be generally self-contained and with a more
concrete purpose.

(I do think an app can depend on multiple frameworks, though, just
keep a flat level of dependencies)

--
Martin