Preload progress (Xorg works)

Michael Terry michael.terry at canonical.com
Mon Mar 30 19:51:06 UTC 2015

Ooh neat.  Now we can make a basic rdp client:

$ echo -e '#!/bin/sh\nset -e\nXorg :1 &\nexport DISPLAY=:1\nsleep
5\nxfreerdp $@' > rdp
$ ./make-snap -d 14.10 -n rdp -v 0 --aa-profile
/usr/share/apparmor/easyprof/templates/ubuntu-snappy/1.3/unconfined -p
freerdp-x11 -p xorg -p xkb-data ./rdp

Then use:
sudo /apps/bin/rdp.rdp /u:username /p:password /v:serverip

(I fixed the keyboard/mouse problem -- so the above is actually functional.)

Now I'll see if I can make unity-system-compositor a snappy framework and
get xmir working with it, so we can drop the sudo.  Then we'll be able to
have an actual functional rdp snap!

-mt

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Michael Terry <michael.terry at canonical.com

--