[RFC] Snappy frameworks

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Fri Mar 20 02:18:10 UTC 2015

On jueves 19 de marzo de 2015 19h'38:53 ART, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> We've discussed frameworks quite a bit but we've yet to provide
> a definition,
> how they will be used on snappy, how they work with the store and how
> they extend security policy. This email attempts to address
> this (I expect there
> to be some fine-tuning but I think it is in good enough shape
> for wider comment).
>
> Please see:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jdstrand/snappy/snappy.frameworks-definition/view/head:/docs/frameworks.md

I created an MP with syntax and typo corrections:
https://code.launchpad.net/~sergiusens/snappy/snappy.frameworks-definition/+merge/253625

wrt some parts of the text:
Can frameworks be forked? If yes, the definition of pkgname and the
associated policy becomes tricky. The top level discussion makes me assume
it is a yes

I'm thinking foo.sergiusens, the dbus path for that would still be
`/foo/meh`, right? It would be good to reinforce forks in the document
(forks are .developer packages in this context).

When the policy lives outside of the package, I suppose this would imply
that all forks inherit the same policy.

With regards to binaries, *top* level binaries and clashing, how is that
dealt with while having the coinstall requirement?

Cheers
Sergio