Top-level package names, UX questions

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Mar 16 19:09:54 UTC 2015

I would again suggest just an alias: apache resolves to apache.guy, or to
apache.tribe, or to apache.canonical (ignoring the syntax, which I'd still
prefer to change).

If the best option changes over time, the alias simply points to something
else. There's no convoluted scheme to migrate from one option to the next,
and no intrinsic conflicts.

Am I missing something with that proposal?

--
gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net