Beaglebone Black PRUs

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Thu Mar 12 15:36:44 UTC 2015

Hey Snappiers,

Is anyone putting the PRUs (Programmable Realtime Units) on the TI's
AM3358 to good use with Snappy? I assumed this was the case, given
that we have a few projects that would clearly benefit from the
realtime capabilities (robots, quadcopters, etc), but digging a bit it
looks like the current BBB-specific images do not offer the necessary
kernel support for that. Both the uio and the remoteproc drivers seem
to be missing (although I'm not sure the remoteproc driver would do
much good, given how incipient it is).

Has anyone played with that yet?

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net