RFC: Snappy shell

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 19 11:05:06 UTC 2015

hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2015, 14:05 -0500 schrieb Dustin Kirkland:

> These, as well as Mark's suggestion about various snaps each providing
> their own interactive shell-like interface, are cleanly addressed by
> enabling end users (or particular gadgets) to set one of these shells
> as the last line of ~/.profile, such that an interactive login drops
> you straight into that program, while maintaining all of the benefits
> of ssh and bash and friends ;-)

how we implement it in detail isnt as important in my view, it is more
important that i can use a switch as image build/deploy time without
having to configure it later ...

i.e. if my cloud setup wants to dynamically deploy snappy images i dont
want to have to use a script to log in to call something like "snappy
shell switch ssh" for normal ssh behavior but i want to set this via
i.e. ubuntu-device-flash when preparing my cloud image for deployment.

ciao
	oli