snappy on raspberry pi 2: DHCP, I2C

roger peppe roger.peppe at canonical.com
Thu Jun 11 07:55:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm a total snappy and rpi newbie, just acquired an
orange matchbox to play with and very much feeling my way,
so my apologies if the answers to these questions are obvious.

The snappy image that I'm using is (I think) the
latest image from here http://people.canonical.com/~lool/pi2-device-and-oem/

Two initial questions:

1) How can I get snappy to DHCP automatically after booting?
I was expecting the network to come up right away, but
I need to manually run "dhclient eth0" to get the network
working.

2) What's the status of I2C devices/drivers? Various software
(e.g. github.com/schoentoon/piglow, which I'm particularly
interested in because I'd like to drive the piglow device from
Go) assumes the existence of /dev/i2c-*, which isn't
there. Do we need to do this in userspace?

  cheers,
    rog.